Daniel Daines-Hutt has quickly established himself as a guru on retargeting.
He shares my philosophy of digging deep into your customer’s psyche and really understanding them before you do anything in your business.
Retargeting is a powerful system to both increase conversions and lower ad spend – it makes every dollar you spend on marketing work harder.
Just starting retargeting will give you a 200-300% ROI.
Targeting by segments will see 4000-5000%
and we talk about campaigns that deliver over 9000% ROI. (those numbers aren’t typos)
Our conversation get’s into the psychology of marketing and selling – and why you must to start there before touching any technology.
- The Facebook Fishing Formula
- Get a free copy of Daniel’s book ‘Continued Conversations’
If you’re an ecommerce business who’s not retargeting at the moment we both recommend you start by:
- Installing the Facebook retargeting pixel on a popular product
- Driving traffic to that product from your existing audience
- Retargeting that audience with both the product they viewed and the opt-ins that are valuable to them
Daniel and I don’t completely agree on purely going the DIY route for retargeting.
If you’re looking for a platform to get started quickly I recommend AdRoll.